CareerRadio.US is a production of Friends of Barnabas Inc., dba CareerRadio, a non-profit that supports job seekers with training, resource information, networking support and other job search services.
A Unique Forum for All Job Seekers
The Jacksonville Business Journal
Career GPS presented by The Jacksonville Business Journal, Keiser University, & CareerRadio.US
- Are you a college senior who is challenged by today’s difficult market?
- Are you wondering if job fairs and career expo’s are worth attending?
- Are you uncertain how to use social media to find a job?
- Are you currently looking for work and your search seems to have stalled?
“Career GPS!” is NO RISK!! What does that mean? If you take the Career GPS course, follow the advice, and don't get a job offer in 90 days, we'll refund the instruction portion of your investment!
So, Sign Up Today!
Target, Find and Land Your Perfect Job!
Four Week Program, 6-9pm
April 16, April 23, April 30, and May 7, 2013
Total of 12 hours
PLUS: A one year subscription to the Jacksonville Business Journal
and the Book of Lists for 2013 and 2014.
Seminar Series by CareerRadio.US at
6430 SouthPoint Parkway Jacksonville, FL 32216
Look for the Career GPS Signs
Career GPS Syllabus
- Welcome and Overview of the Job Search Process
What Are My Realistic Career Options? – Every choice in life has consequences, especially those relating to career choices. Come learn what choices or options might be best for you.
- Resume Do’s & Don’ts – What is the purpose of a resume? What is a resume strategy? Learn the key insights for a more effective resume.
- Elevator Pitch Preparation – Develop a quick summary to describe your skills and experience in 30 or 60 seconds.
- Written Communication Guidelines - Writing concise, convincing letters will always be an important part of the job search process. Come and learn about types of correspondence, when to use each and how to write compelling correspondence.
- Advanced Networking Techniques - When, Where & How to effectively network, "Ultimate Networking", and 29 Things to do Before, During and After a Career Expo.
- Social Networking Tools - Learn about LinkedIn and how it can enhance your networking.
- Elevator Pitch Delivery – Develop you 30 and 60 second resume and personal branding statement
Top 10 Ways to Reach the Hiring Manager – Learn how to research company and contact information via the internet.
- Understanding The Interview Process – Preparing yourself with research, resources and questions to ask and be able to answer.
- Polishing Your Professional Presence – Prepare yourself with confidence and poise to establish better relationships and win over key decision makers.
- Interview Rehearsal – Peer conducted/scripted mock interview sessions.
- HR Panel - Ask questions of HR professionals to refine your job search techniques and skills.
- Improve Your VOWELS – Learn to master the seven habitual characteristics that employers really want – Attitude, Energy, Effort, Integrity, Intensity, Outlook and Uniqueness.